Shining and sparkling white teeth enhance your beauty and it is important that we should take dental hygiene seriously. In this article, I am going to talk about calculus and how to remove calculus from teeth without going to the dentist.
Yes, without going to the Dentist! Get rid of Calculus at home naturally.
Most people don’t want to discuss this calculus or tartar on their teeth and so they want to remove it naturally at home.
But that’s OK. Having a regular visit to the dentist is good, but there are few problems like or tartar that can be fixed at home by you.
What is Calculus or Tartar?
Calculus or tartar is a hardened yellow color film of bacteria formed on the teeth and the gums. Due to incautiousness towards teeth, many people avoid daily brushing which starts collecting the yellow surface on the teeth called plaque.
What causes plaque?
This Plaque generates the daily carbohydrates food and drinks that we absorb like milk, soft drinks, and candies. When these substances come in contact with the mouth bacteria, it produces acid as well.
In dentistry, we call this plaque as Tartar or Calculus. This becomes a hard layer above the teeth and gums that can also cause infections and cavities.
How to Remove Calculus from Teeth without going to the Dentist naturally
So far you learned much about tartar and plaque let’s see how to Remove Calculus from Teeth without going to the Dentist.
Can I Remove Calculus myself?
Yes, you can remove calculus yourself through natural remedies. Though there are few dental tools like scaler which can be used to remove hardened plaque, it’s not recommended.
I am sharing the best 10 natural methods for the calculus removal
You need to understand that there is a difference between Plaque and Calculus (tartar).
Plaque – Plaque is a soft, thick, and sticky film coated on your teeth.
Tartar – Once this plaque becomes hard and turns into a dark layer it’s called Calculus or Tartar.
Method 1:- Brushing Your Teeth
Brushing teeth is the best practice that you should put in your daily routine.
Brushing teeth with the soft toothbrush will soften the hardened tartar to soft thick plaque which further can be easily scraped off your teeth with natural remedies.
You should brush your teeth twice a day which is once in the morning and before going to bed.
An electric brush can help you to show a quicker result in removing the calculus.
Method 2:- Brushing with Calculus Removal Toothpaste
As in the first method I recommended brushing teeth every day. But for tartar removal, an electric brush with anti-cavity toothpaste will work as a booster for quick removal.
This anti-activity toothpaste comes with a combination of fluoride, pyrophosphates, and other natural ingredients like antioxidants vitamins. Pyrophosphates help in reducing calcium oxalate crystals and fluoride kills all the bacteria and germs inside the mouth.
Brushing teeth with an electric brush using calculus removal toothpaste will show you the results in few days and also help you to kill other germs for the hygienic tooth.
Method 3:- Use Baking Soda to Remove Tartar
Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate and this can be an effective method to remove the calculus from teeth.
The mixture of baking soda with salt is a great remedy for the teeth plaque.
How to use Baking Soda for Tartar Removal
- Take 2 teaspoons of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix this well with the toothpaste that you use (Anti-cavity recommended)
- Now brush your teeth properly with this toothpaste mixed with baking soda and salt.
Baking soda will not only help to remove the calculus but will also give you white sparkling teeth.
Method 4:- Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple vinegar is an old remedy for teeth whitening and dissolving tartar. Apple cider vinegar contains bleaching effects and can be used in multiple ways.
- USE WITH BAKING SODA – This is not a too effective method and may take few weeks to show the difference. You can mix baking soda with apple vinegar and apply it to your teeth. Keep in mind quantity of Apple vinegar should be twice of baking soda.
- BRUSH WITH APPLE VINEGAR- This is a simple method where you need to soak your brush with apple vinegar and apply it to the hardened plaque area. Apply this method not more than twice a week and wash your mouth properly once done.
- GARGLE: – Gargling with apple vinegar will also help to remove the mouth bacteria and germs. Mix three tablespoons of Apple vinegar with half a glass of warm water and gargle for at least 30 seconds.
Method 5:- Use Red Fruits (How to Remove Calculus from Teeth without going to the Dentist)
Red fruits like strawberries and Tomatoes are vitamin C-rich foods that contain antimicrobial effects and help in removing plaque.
How to use Red fruits for Calculus Removal
- Wash fruit (strawberry or tomato) properly.
- Rub the fruit on your teeth properly and let the juice inside your mouth at least for 4 to 5 minutes as this will soften the build-up.
- Now rinse your mouth with warm water and you can also mix warm water with baking soda for best results.
There are many other fruits like orange peel, lemon, and berries that can be used for this purpose.
Make sure you apply this method only once a week.
Method 6:- Use Sesame Seeds (How to Remove Calculus from Teeth without going to the Dentist)
Sesame seeds have high calcium that helps to scour the surface of the plaque teeth.
How to use sesame seeds for plaque removal
- Take 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds and chew it for 2 minutes and then swallow the entire seeds.
- Now brush your teeth properly with your toothpaste for at least 1 minute.
Apply this method once or maximum twice a week.
Method 7:- Use Hydrogen Peroxide with Mouthwash
Both hydrogen peroxide and mouthwash have high antibacterial properties that are effective in both teeth whitening and dissolving plaque. This is one of the best answers to the people who want to know that how to Remove Calculus from Teeth without going to the Dentist.
How to use
- Mix 3 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide 3% with 1 teaspoon of antiseptic mouth wash.
- Now gargle this mixture properly all over your mouth and also rest it some time on the gums and teeth.
Apply this method only once a week and do not take a high quantity of either mouthwash or hydrogen peroxide.
Method 8:- Aloe Vera and Glycerine
This is another effective natural remedy for calculus removal.
How to use
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel, 4 teaspoons of glycerine, 5 drops of lemon, and 3 tablespoons of Baking soda in a cup of water.
- Soak the toothbrush into this paste and brush your teeth well.
You can apply this method twice a week, but not more than that.
Method 9:- Cloves with Olive Oil (How to Remove Calculus from Teeth without going to the Dentist)
Clove is an old spice used for many home remedies. Clove helps to fight against the microbes that become the cause of tartar.
How to use Cloves with Olive Oil
- Take a clove powder and a little olive oil just to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to the tartar-occupied teeth.
Apply this paste for half an hour and then clean your mouth with warm water.
Method 10:- Visit Dentist
Calculus (tartar) takes a long time to be removed and if you are looking for instant results then you should visit the nearest dentist.
All the above methods are effective mostly for plaque and may take a long time for high tartar.
How do dentists remove tartar?
The process of tartar removal by the dentist is called debridement. The Dentist will first observe the tartar carefully. For low tartar, the dentist will use an instrument called a scaler that removes the tartar above the gum.
There are many other methods for calculus removal depending on the tartar and the dentist.
I am sure you got an idea and complete information on how to remove calculus from teeth without going to the dentist.
To be honest most of these methods will help you to remove plaque but for calculus, it may take a long time. You would better consult with a dentist along with these remedies.
If you have any question, contact us and one of the expert will try to answer you question.