When you have wisdom teeth removed, you might wonder that when can I eat pizza after wisdom teeth removal?
There is no question that pizza can be very satisfying and enjoyable.
However, not everyone loves it as much as it can be delicious.
However, there are a number of techniques that can help you eventually get a slice of pizza again.
Can I Eat Pizza after Wisdom Teeth Removal?
Eating pizza after wisdom teeth removal is a controversial topic. Yes, you can eat pizza and other bread-like burgers as well but not immediately or even after few days.
I can’t answer the question in one word as you also need a reason.
Is it safe if I eat pizza after wisdom teeth removal?
Or when can I eat pizza after wisdom teeth removal?
Whether you eat pizza or not after wisdom teeth removal, it’s important to have a healthy lifestyle and take care of your teeth.
When can I Eat pizza after Wisdom Teeth Removal?
As explained above that you can eat pizza after wisdom teeth removal but not immediately as it depends on what kind of removal you had and many other factors.
Don’t even think of even eating before 24 hours as this is the period of blood clotting.
This is why dentists ask you to keep your teeth healthy like brushing your teeth twice a day so that you can enjoy all kinds of foods and drinks.
Time duration can be calculated depending on the
- Type of Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Number of Teeth Removed
Can I eat pizza 7 days after wisdom teeth removal?
If you had an upper wisdom teeth removal for just one tooth and then probably yes you can eat pizza after 7 days. Keep the following points in mind too.
- Upper wisdom teeth removal cures much faster than compared to the lower one.
- You can have solid foods like pizza after 7 days if the removal is for one teeth and in the upper jaw.
- For more than two teeth removal in the upper jaw, you should wait for at least 2 weeks.
- For lower teeth removal you should wait for around 6 to 8 weeks as lower tooth removal requires more time and care to heal.
What If I eat pizza after wisdom teeth removal?
In simple words, you are not allowed to eat pizza or any solid foods until the surgery part has been recovered.
There can be many bad and harmful consequences if you eat solid foods after wisdom tooth removal.
- Within 24 hours you are only supposed to drink water and other liquids like milk and non-acidic juices. This is the coagulation period of blood clotting, and consuming any foods like pizza can lead to more bleeding and even dislodge the blood clot.
- Even after 24 hours, you are not advised to have any solid foods like pizza until the healing time is completed. These foods are can be sharp with many ingredients that can harm the healing part.
You are also not allowed to have carbonated drinks soda and coco-cola after wisdom teeth removal or tooth extraction.
According to the school of Dentistry in Washington, you are expected to have bleeding or oozing for the first 12 or 24 hours after this surgery.
People also asked
Can you eat soft pizza after wisdom teeth removal?
No, as it’s clearly mentioned above that when can I eat pizza after wisdom teeth removal and also that pizza contains ingredients that may harm the extracted and removal part.
Doesn’t matter it’s a soft one or the regular one, this will be considered a solid food.
What happens if food gets stuck after wisdom teeth removal?
If any food particle gets stuck in the removal part and the hole gets closed it would be very difficult to get rid of it. You need to immediately visit your dentist.
This can lead to more complications with not only healing but also with the wisdom teeth removal done. It may even cause a harmful bacterial infection like dental abscesses.
Finally, I would only say waiting until the wisdom teeth removal gets healed is the best option.
Instead of increasing healing time and damaging the surgery for which you afforded many dollars, it better to wait and then enjoy pizza.
Hopefully, you got your answer that when can I eat pizza after wisdom teeth removal.
Have recommended foods after teeth removal and keep yourself healthy.